Terms and Conditions
To help us achieve our goal of providing the highest quality products and services, we use information from our interactions with you and other customers, as well as from other parties. Because we respect your privacy, we have procedures to ensure that your personal information is handled in a safe, secure, and responsible manner.
The Information We Collect
PNM collects personal information that might help us provide you with electricity and related services as well as billing information, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, Social Security Number, payment method, electric usage data, type of business, if applicable, and personal preferences.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for various purposes, including:
- To provide the services you request and to respond to your questions.
- To send you our newsletters and other offerings by mail.
- To identify your product and service preferences, so we can notify you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you.
- To notify you of product recalls or provide other information concerning products you have purchased.
- To improve our customer service and your overall experience.
Please note that many promotions and mailings are completed well in advance, so you may continue to receive some offers after you ask us to stop sharing your information. We appreciate your patience in giving us time to carry out your request.
Cookies and How We Use Them
A “cookie” is a small data file stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. It allows us to recognize your computer (but not specifically who is using it) upon entering our site by associating the identification numbers in the cookie with other customer information you have provided us. That customer information is stored on our secured database.
Accepting cookies through your Web browser is your personal choice. You can still view PNMeasysavings.com even if you set your browser to disable cookies.
You will receive e-mails from us only if you have asked to receive them. Each time you receive an e-mail from PNMeasysavings.com, you will be given the opportunity to “opt-out” or stop receiving them.
PNM may share your personal information with its affiliated companies to make sure your needs and concerns are addressed by the appropriate internal business group. If you send e-mail inquiries to PNM, your personal information, including your e-mail address, will be used only to respond to your inquiry, and will not be shared with third parties.
PNM may share your personal information with non-PNM companies only if they perform services on PNM’s behalf, and only as necessary for them to provide those services to you (for example, for processing online or credit card payments). When we contract with other companies to market or advertise products for PNM, we require that those companies also protect your personal information. PNM will not release your personal information to unaffiliated companies for use in selling their products or services unless you consent.
PNM also may share your personal information with third parties in other circumstances, including the following:
- As required by law.
- With your consent.
- Pursuant to a valid warrant, subpoena or court order.
- If you have notified us that you have authorized a third party to receive your usage information, bill or copies of any notice of discontinuance sent regarding your account (for example, sharing information concerning an elderly parent’s billing arrangement with an adult caregiver),
- Responding to 911 calls and emergencies.
- Enforcing PNM’s property rights and agreements.
- Obtaining payment for PNM’s products and services, including the transfer or sale of delinquent accounts to third parties for collection.
In addition, PNM may provide aggregate, non-identifying information for use by consulting firms, industry groups, universities, laboratories, and other entities that conduct scientific or marketing research.
PNM is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have implemented certain physical, electronic and procedures to maintain the security of the information we collect online.
Access to Your Information
If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information PNM holds about you, or you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact PNM. It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide is accurate.